Monday, May 13, 2013

Holte-enders In The Sky


Playing a touch of catch-up here.  Largely cos my eyes seem determined to close at about 8pm and I've been in bed before 10pm in recent days - hence no blogging.

I've been a Aston Villa fan since I was 8, and a Holte End season ticket holder since I was 15.  You remember that "you'll never win anything with kids" comment by Alan Hansen after Villa beat Man United 3-1 ... well that was my first game in 'my' seat.  But now, close on 18 years later, it is my seat no more.


Our emigration to NZ means getting to Villa Park every other weekend might be a bit of a trek.

Massive thanks to my Dad who I've enjoyed some fantastic and memorable times with.  Trips to old Wembley, new Wembley and even Madrid.  Happy days.  But all good things must come to an end.


We lost 2-1 to Chelsea but recent good results have put us in a better position than what might have occurred.  Wigan play Arsenal tomorrow night.  If they draw or lose then Villa will be looking forward to Premiership football again in 2014.  If Wigan win then it'll come down to that last game of the season on Sunday against Wigan themselves!

No comments: